The Davis Vantage Pro 2 is the ONLY wireless system approved by us for motorsports. No cables are required between the display box and the sensor mounted outside.
Wireless Vantage Pro2™ with 24-Hr Fan Aspirated Sensor Optional.
A wireless weather station with a versatile sensor suite that combines our rain collector, temperature and humidity sensors and anemometer into one package. You can customize your Vantage Pro2 by adding consoles or the special-purpose options. Available in both wireless and cabled versions.
First and only weather station in its class to use frequency hopping spread spectrum radio technology to transmit weather data wirelessly up to 1000′ (300 m).
- Large, backlit 3.5″ x 6″ (9 x 15 cm) LCD screen
- Options available for UV/solar, soil moisture, short and long-range repeaters, and much more
- Fast updates every 2.5 seconds
- Optional WeatherLink data logger and software offer additonal analyses in a variety of versions
- Wireless transmission from station to console up to 1,000 ft. (300 m)
- Solar powered Integrated Sensor Suite:
- Temperature and humidity sensors enclosed in our solar-powered, 24-hour fan-aspirated sensors optional
- Anemometer with 40′ (12 m) anemometer cable
- Solar panel
- Vantage Pro2 console/receiver
- Power adapter for console
- Mounting hardware
- Electronic components are housed in a weather-resistant shelter.
- Console may be powered using the included power adapter or with three C batteries (not included).
- Wireless range is up to 1000′ (300 m) outdoors, line of sight. Typical range through walls under most conditions is 200′ to 400′ (60 to 120 m).
Mounting Pole Required
Mounting Brackets for pole are included.
Davis Vantage Pro 2 with Wind Sensor: $ 595.00
Fan Aspiration Option: $ 200.00
Download Kit for USB Connection: $ 165.00
Paging Transmitter, pager, antenna, and power supply: $ 975.00
Compatible Crew Chief Pro 7.90 Software™ with 1 year free updates: $ 429.00
Paging and Text Messaging, 24/7 tech support free, track side support for weather stations purchased at Crew Chief Pro.
Technical Help for Existing Vantage Pro 2 customers:
If you have a Davis and want to convert it to use our software then follow these directions:
To change to serial connection while still using the USB follow these steps:
Note: Once the data logger has been assigned this unique serial number, it cannot be converted back to emulate a serial port connection within the software.
Included with the WeatherLink software is a utility that allows you to convert a USB data logger from a direct USB data logger back to a USB data logger that emulates the serial port. To use this utility, select Convert USB to Virtual Serial in your WeatherLink program group on the Start menu of your computer .
Click on Start>All Programs>WeatherLink>Convert USB to Virtual Serial
then run the utility to convert your data logger. Please contact Davis Technical Support at (“Contacting Davis Technical Support” on page 26) for more information if you have additional problems.